I provide web solutions leveraging the WordPress platform.
- Responsive across devices; cross-browser compatible
- Modern, interactive interface with jQuery, AJAX, CSS3
- Content management: WP ecosystem and PHP/MySQL
- Object-oriented: modular, reusable and maintainable code
- Git source control; Grunt/Gulp task runner
- Backbone and Underscore
- Web components, pattern libraries
- Cloud: Amazon Web Services, Bitnami, Docker
- Scalable and performant: Nginx, Varnish, HyperDB
- Node.js, npm, Browserify, microJS
Born in Benghazi, Libya, and grew up in Japan. Started programming in BASIC and Turbo Pascal by age ten; translated a university bulletin board system to Japanese; for a highschool science project, wrote a C++ program to control a machine for drawing geometric designs.
Studied cultural anthropology in the U.S. Pacific Northwest; managed a bakery in Austin, Texas for a number of years. Moved to Prague, Czech Republic, and taught business English at local and international companies in a wide range of industries.
I became a full-time web developer in 2012, rediscovering my love of programming through WordPress. I build web sites, themes and plugins in collaboration with a graphic design firm, as well as on a freelance basis. Currently laying the groundwork for a software studio to focus on product development.